Saturday, March 13, 2021

Can't forget the memories ~ Juliet Muhwezi

 Dear Damalie,

I keep thinking about the last time I saw you.  You walked into that quiet restaurant with your arms high in the air and proceeded to do a crazy dance as astonished strangers looked on.  Of course there was no music playing.  And of course I was astonished too….as usual.  I’ve been in awe of your nature since I met you 20+ years ago.


There was the way you would talk about simple everyday things with a captivating enthusiasm.  There were the hilarious things that came out of your mouth and had people in stitches.  And I can't forget the memories of you boldly singing Karaoke love songs in front of crowds while some of us chose to hide in the shadows.  You could be simultaneously gregarious while still remaining calm and reserved.  An unrestrained free spirit yet fascinatingly mysterious.  I could never figure you out.  Some girls are just lucky to be born that way, I guess.


You listened to me when I needed to vent, and your kind words were nothing short of soul-healing.  When I was paralyzed with fears and doubts, you told me, "But Juliet you just have to do what you need to do.  Really, life is just too short!”  I promise to always remember thoe words.  And once in a while, I will go against my nature and try out your spontaneous, unrestrained crazy dancing in public places just because.  In the vastness of time and space, you somehow crossed my path and I will forever be grateful for that.




Juliet Muhwezi
Duluth, GA
USA

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tusaasira baganda ba Damalie ~ Ababaka ba Ssabasajja Kabaka Ronald Muwenda Mutebi II (USA ne Canada)

  OBUBAKA OKUVA ERI ABABAKA BA SSABASAJJA KABAKA RONALD MUWENDA MUTEBI II ABATUULA MU MASAZA GE AGALI MU UNITED STATES OF AMERICA NE CANADA....